Sunday, December 12, 2010

Update on my life...

I believe where I left off on my last blog was that I had been hospitalized for depression. I had been in college for Criminal Justice and had moved around quite a bit. I would kind of like to update you at where I am in life now.
In 2008, I moved in with this woman R, to work as a live in caregiver. I had been there for about a month when her ex M, came back to stay for a week. After visiting for a week, M decided to move back to the area. When she walked in the door for the first time, I had an immediate crush on her.  After M had lived with R and I for about a month, we started dating. We are still together today and have been for about 2 1/2 years.
June of 2008, I quit my job as a staffing coordinator. I couldn't take the job anymore. So I quit.  
Once meeting R and M, I started volunteering in October at a haunted house with them. They had been doing it for years and kind of got me into it. I worked at guest services and really enjoyed being there and getting involved. October 2008 was my first year at the haunt.
Dec 2008 M and I decided to move on and got a couple of roommates. We rented a room from two girls who ended up being very bitchy and we decided to once again move on. So April of 2009, we found a one bedroom apartment and moved in.
Shortly after moving into our new apartment, we started having problems with our neighbor below us. She said we were loud and needed to move. For one thing, we don't hold parties, stomp around or play our music/TV loudly. When we said we weren't going to move, she starting throwing slurs at us about the fact that we are lesbian. It is obvious the main reason she wanted us to move is because she was homophobic. We reported her to our management who didn't do really anything. At one point I had to call the cops on her because it got so bad. This continued until this last spring/summer (2010) when I finally decided to call Fair Housing and report it that way. Fair Housing took care of it and she is no longer at this location anymore. We now have a very quiet neighbor who has told us numerous times we are not loud and she doesn't hear us much.
March 2009, M started going to college for Computer Network Systems. She really enjoyed her classes and the faculty at the college. So September 2009, I started college for Criminal Justice again. This time I plan to finish college and get a job in my field. 
October 2009, R passed away. It was a hard time, but we know she died doing what she loved, scaring people at the haunt. We also feel she is in a better place and not suffering anymore. After R passed away, we ended up getting her cat Elijah. He is a very sweet little guy. He is about 3 years old.
 In November 2009, I started working at the apartment complex we live at. It is obvious they didn't plan for me to work there long. They basically derailed me and terminated me by December. Within the week of me being fired, they had the new person already. So back to being unemployed.
Jan 2010, M quit her job as security officer because of headaches she was getting from the chemicals she worked around. So we lived from Jan 2010 until September 2010 on M's unemployment, as I was still not working.
September 2010, we both got jobs through our school working at dog daycare. We work at two separate locations. M has a cool location and enjoys her job. I on the other hand hate it. The dogs are fun (though stressful sometimes), but there are two managers and about 3 or 4 other leaders who all say something different. I am not a leader but more of a follower, so am the main one who gets the brunt of it all. I have all these people telling me different things and its so stressful because I never know the actual right way to do anything is. No matter who I'm working with, it seems I get in trouble for something. I have ended up crying multiple times at work which is embarrassing because I HATE crying in front of people. More on this will probably come later.
November 2010, day after Thanksgiving, M and I decided to go to the humane society and get a dog. We got a Chihuahua/Jack Russell (we think) mix. His name is Wyatt and he is about a year old. He definitely has a lot of puppy left in him.
So M graduates in March of 2011, and I have two more terms after this one left. Then we will both have our associate degrees. So far we plan to go on for our bachelor's degrees too.

So this is my updated life, in a nutshell. After this things should get more interesting. I just thought I would give everyone an update at what has been happening so that if I happen to talk about something, I don't have to explain everything to get to that point. Trust me I would...LOL.

Love & Peace
RaeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment